Sunday, March 15, 2009

The Early Bee Get's the....?!?

Good Morning Everyone! It is a crisp 6:30 am in my house and I have been awake for 2 hours! I must be on Jamaica time or something...

Originally I thought I wouldn't attempt any challenges this week because work will be crazy, I have lots of things to do for the girls in my Brownie's Group on Wednesday, and I have other cards I just need to get made! But I was looking around the other blogs last night and couldn't help but jot down a few - just in case....WELL, since I was up so early this morning and the last thing I feel like doing is laundry, why not scrap! YAY!!!!


FIRST CARD!!!


This one is for Amy R's Friday Sketch Challenge! I haven't done one for her yet, so here it goes! I got my first Favorite Things stamp while I was away and I just love it! I used the How Sweet It Is stamp and it is perfect for my Sister-in-law's b-day coming up. She is a fabulous stamper and it's always so nerve racking to send her a card...but I LOVE getting her's! FABULOUS ideas.


Anyway...I colored my girl in with my Crayola's and mounted her off center in the boardering circle of purple cardstock from my DCWV Jewel Textrured Stack. I then ripped a strip of some of my Coredinations Core Color paper that my lovely man bought me IN A SCRAPBOOKING STORE (yes he went in and asked for help - my gosh it's a new day!!!!) and I love it so much that I use it VERY spareingly. The background purple flower is from my DCWV All Occasion Glitter Stack and the green border is from the same stack as the purple circle mount. I used the sentiment that came with my stamp that says Sisters and Chocolate...make life bearable. I think that is just perfect! My flowers are made from scraps and a punch and I added the jewels in the center for some sparkle.


SECOND CARD!!!


This one is for Taylor's Sketch Challenge from Taylored Expressions. I love this website, she is so talented! I used the same stamp as yesterdays post I know, but I have a limited supply and I am still working on buying and filling my stamp box. I colored her different to mix it up a little, and I picked this Bella to be blonde! I also embossed her with Stamp-It's Hologram Sparkle Embossing Powder. The blue border is from my DCWV's Neutrals stack and the polka dot is from one of my Costco packs. The smaller circle is punched out of paper from my All Occasion Glitter Stack and the flowers are done the same as the card above. I used some of that ribbon I was talking about in my last post from Zellers (what a steal!) and added some jewels to make it more interesting. This one is fairly simple...but just as effective.


That's today done! Hope everyone is having a great weekend!


Bless Up!


S.

No comments:

Post a Comment