Thursday, March 26, 2009

All That Scraps Challenge!

Good Evening!!!

I was searchin' for a new challenge to do and I stumbled across the blog All That Scaps! I hadn't been there before, but I really like their stuff! Their challenge was to do White on White and only have the image have color. This is harder that it sounds people!!!!! I first thought "what a great idea!!!" but then when I went to my papers I realized there really isn't many solid white papers out there. Some of the samples they have on the blog don't even have any paper, just the image stamped right onto the card, which is also very cute. It took me a long time to do this acrd...I think it was the most time consuming then any card before it! BUT, I love it!!!! It's one of my favorites. The pictures aren't that great (how do you guys do that?!? I have tried every setting...maybe it's my crap computer?!?) but you get the gist I guess!

Anyway...this is my take...
I started with Blingabella since she is one of the stamps I haven't inked yet. I don't know anyone engaged or getting married soon (other than me! heehee) but I am sure someone will! LOL I stamped her on plain white card stock and embossed her with Stamp-It's Hologram Embossing Powder. I used my trusty Crayola's to color her in and mounted her on an oval piece of paper that has very faint grey dotted lines vertically on it. All the paper I used in this card was scraps form my bin - YAY me for getting rid of leftovers! The main card is again just white catdstock with some handmade white and silver flacked polka dot paper on the top, and a piace of hand made lace paper that I got both at the Farmers Market one year. I added two lengths of ribbon accross with a bow right under my popped out image. I added three buttons (I am trying to use my botton jar so I can by some really cool one's I saw at Michael's!) and some pale pink jewels for sparkle. This was extremely hard for me to come up with, yet it looks so simple! hahahaha
Thanks for the challenge ladies! I'll be trying the next one too!
Tomorrows Friday! TGIF!
S.

No comments:

Post a Comment