Thursday, March 19, 2009

Color Throwdown Challenge #34

Hello All!
Okay, I know I lied in my last post. I said I had more challenges to post, but then I never got around to doing it! Sorry! I was on a roll with my Spring Cleaning and I didn't dare stop!

This card I did for the Color Throwdown Challenge #34. I love doing their color challenges because I am not that great with picking papers and it makes me think hard. Plus I have found that I always use their combos again and again!

This is the last of my "Happy Spring" cards I needed to make. It turned out a little darker than I wanted, but such is life sometimes. I started with Pink Blush Card Stock from Paper Refelections, and used some navy and green swirled paper from one of my Costco packs as my patterned piece. The bottom is the same pink with Olive green paper I got at Scrapbooker's Paradise as a leftover from a class. The stamp is my super cute kitten (SSC037) named Fluffles from Stampendous that I stamped in Jet Black Ink and embossed with Stamp-It's Hologram Embossing Powder. I added the flowers in his hand to make him Spring-y and added some pink jewels to make it all sparkle! All the endges are lightly swiped with DewDrop's Olive Ink and I used my trustey Crayola's for all other color! I used some pot dots to make the frilly mounted kitten stamp pop out and added two navy brads to the Spring saying for umph. I wrote out the SPRING myself because I have run out of sentiments and don't seem to have a Spring stamp! Ooops...too late, will have to get one for next year! heehee


Thanks for taking a look,

Cheers,


S.

4 comments:

  1. Cute card, Shelley! Love your spring flowers and all the added bling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super CUTE -- Love the image -- too FUN!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the spring theme and that cute stamp image! Fantastic card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute! I'm a Fluffles fan and I love what you did with him! Thanks for playing the Throwdown--hope to see you again next time!

    ReplyDelete