Monday, April 20, 2009

Good Monday!

Hello All!

It is a BEAUTIFUL day here in Calgary! Supposed to get up to 21 degrees! That's why I'm posting now so I can putter in my garden all day! Uhhh.....love it! The sad news is, we are supposed to get snow on Thursday, Friday and Saturday!!!! They have to be joking right?!?

Today's card I made with another stamp from my sister-in-law's collection. No idea where she got this one, but I love the saying. I started with a scrap from the bin of light cream and burgundy filigree paper and mounted it on card stock from my DCWV Jewel Textured Stack. I then used some paper called "Happy Holidays" by Jackie Eckles that I had left over from a class I took at Scrapbooker's Paradise at Christmas. I believe it was the acrylic album class I took with Dana from Dana's House of Cards! That's when we met! I cut out two pieces from the back of that holiday paper which is the polka dots and mounted them both on the same burgundy card stock as before. The bottom one I made a frilled edge on the right so I could add the jewels. I made a six layer flower (I love to layer as many as I can) and fastened it with a orange jewelled brad. I dusted all the edges of the cardstock with DuDrop's Jumbo Java Ink and added the burgundy with lemons ribbon on the right. I bought that ribbon a long long time ago at Michael's and I still have tonnes of it left! I tied a knot in it at the top and tucked the mounted sentiment "All things grow with love" under it. Ta-da - finished!

I sure hope the weather is as nice for all of you as it is here!

Have a great Monday - OH, I just remembered - it's Mojo Monday - I haven't done a challenge in forever - watch for ti tomorrow! YAY!


Cheers,



S.

2 comments:

  1. So gorgeous!! Love the pretty flower and colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shelley! You've done a beautiful job! Enjoy reading your blog and seeing all your creativity!

    ReplyDelete