Thursday, April 9, 2009

One Last Card...

I am squeezing this one in as the hubby glares at me for not getting organized for going away, but scraping instead! heehee. I'm set to go - I swear! LOL I wanted to just get one more card in because you probably wont see another post until Tuesday, maybe even Wednesday.

I started with light grey card stock for the actual card and mounted a piece of checkered blue and pale yellow paper as the back square. I used two strips of blue paper from my Jeweled Textured Stack and rounded the edges with my corner rounder. I then lightly dusted the edges with Royal Blue Ink to distress it. I mounted a piece of the plaid paper onto a scrap of the feux snake skin paper I had left over in the bin. (Yes still working on the scrap bin - but most of it is teeny tiny pieces now!!!) I used one of MFT stamps I hadn't stamped yet...I need to get me some more of those! ha! I stamped her in Jet Black Ink and embossed her with Stamp-It's Hologram Powder. I colored her in with my Crayola's and punched her out with my circle punch. After layering five flowers with a blue brad and adding 3 clear jewels, I wrote "Sometimes...(on the front) ...when it rains - it pours!" (on the inside).

Ok, well I am off to the airport! RIGHT NOW literally!!!! Have an excellent Easter everyone!!!

Enjoy the long weekend...




S.

4 comments:

  1. Awesome card! Love all those layered flowers!!!

    Have a safe and fun trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous card!! WOWZER!! I love the colors you've used!! :) Enjoy your Easter weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card ... I love the detail of your flower!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this card, it looks like the perfect card to give to a lonely friend.

    ReplyDelete